CISER was founded in 1959 to supply the customers of the Casa do Aço (House of Steel), a tools and hardware store that the Schneider family operated since 1881. The store was located in Rua do Príncipe in what is now the Factory Direct Mall, on the boardwalk.
 

The path taken in these years of history made CISER establish itself as the largest manufacturer of fasteners in Latin America. Currently, the company's production capacity is sixty thousand tons per year and its products supply 20,000 customers in over 20 countries.